A Countdown of Disasters Under the Knife With the pressure to be beautiful and thin all the while maintaining a youthful appearance, it is no secret that celebrities often resort to plastic surgery. From breast implants to liposuction to facelifts, even the naturally attractive celebrities of our time get plastic surgery to keep up with their competition. Many times the celebs come out looking fabulous but they occasionally end up looking like they were operated on by half-asleep and/or intoxicated surgeons. Others look okay after one or two procedures but then take it too far to the point where they look subhuman. These stories and pictures are proof that even fame and gobs of cash can't guarantee beauty. 10. Victoria Beckham aka Posh Spice Victoria had that cute, girl-next-door look when she was young. She traded that look in long ago to look like a big busted bimbo. There is nothing wrong with big boobs but when you are extremely thin and your boobs look like a pair of canteloupes, it's plain trashy. Perhaps being married to one of the hottest men alive makes her insecure so she likes to have some leverage that she can thrust into his face every once in a while to keep him under control.
9. Vivica A. Fox
Remember the 1995 teen flick Clueless? Brittany Murphy played the new geek in town that Alicia Silverstone's character Cher made over into a pretty, popular girl. In real life, Brittany's change in appearance owes to more than just better clothing, makeup, and a new hairdo. The appearance of Brittany's nose has changed drastically over time but for this former ugly duckling, denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Brittany's excuse for her new nose is that she broke it three times (Does she actually think anyone believes that?). The nose job was probably for the better. The problem is her lips. Lately Brittany's lips are much puffier than they used to be. The puffy-lipped look is hot on Angelina Jolie because it is natural. Brittany needs to get some sense and deflate them because she looks fish-lipped.
Tara Reid is open about her bad experiences with plastic surgery. Looking at that tummy, you'd think she had previously given birth to six children but let's not be too hard on the poor girl. She is very embarrassed about the way her stomach looks and told US magazine, "My stomach became the most ripply, bulging thing… I lost a lot of work." The same doc who ruined her abs also gave her a bad boob job. Photos of one of Tara's deformed nipples circulated the internet after a red carpet nipple slip in 2004 and she was devastated. Tara's bad plastic surgery not only made her a laughing stock; it ruined her career.
6. Courtney Love Courtney Love's change in appearance over the years goes beyond her grunge to glam makeover. Looking at the new pictures of Courtney, you can't even recognize her. After a couple of bad nose jobs, she got her schnoz fixed once and for all and swears to stop getting plastic surgery until she is old and really needs it. I'd believe her except based on some pictures of her bikini-clad bod, her wrinkly tummy a-la-Tara Reid hint to a possible liposuction disaster. Some folks applaud Courtney's transformation from a sloppily dressed rocker chick to a wannabe Barbie doll but I can't help but see her as a sell-out. Kudos to her for getting off the junk but it is shameful that she left her roots behind. On top of that her overly operated face is nauseating.
5. Donatella Versace This lady needs to stick to designing clothes and lay off her face. I don't know if it is just genes or because she has had too much plastic surgery but she looks like a tranny. Like Brittany Murphy, she needs to lay off the lip injections. Where has the taste for subtlety gone? If a top fashion designer can't get it right, we are heading in a bad direction. Let's hope that Donatella eventually lets aging take its natural course and stops stretching the skin on her face so much because she is starting to look extraterrestrial.
4. Joan Rivers Thankfully Joan Rivers has a sense of humor because otherwise I honestly wouldn't be able to tolerate looking at her face. One facelift too many along with a plethora of other procedures has left Joan looking half-Spock, half-Michael Jackson. Nuff' said.
3. Jacqueline Stallone Don't they look more and more frightening the further you go down the list? Sylvester Stallone's mother was a beautiful woman in the years of her prime. It is inevitable that time takes a toll on your looks but Jackie wasn't ready to give up. A few facelifts, lip injections, and botox sessions later, Jackie looks like none other than The Joker. If she keeps it up, she'll make number one on the list in no time.
2. Jocelyn Wildenstein You know there is something wrong when you are famous because of your bad plastic surgery. Jocelyn Wildenstein became a household name when her face was splattered all over tabloids for her excessive plastic surgery. Jocelyn is proof that too much plastic surgery will make you look subhuman. A wealthy socialite, she started getting plastic surgery when she found out that her husband of many years, Alec Wildenstein, was cheating on her with a supermodel. Unfortunately, rather than helping matters, the surgery made her so homely and monstrous looking that people started to call her "The Bride of Frankenstein," instead of "The Bride of Wildenstein." She has reportedly spent $4,000,000 on plastic surgery. Mo' money, mo' problems.
1. Michael Jackson Ah, Michael Jackson. Need I say more? Michael is the poster child of bad plastic surgery. He has had cheek implants, chin implants, nose jobs, blepharoplasties (surgery to fix aging appearance around the eyes), and who knows what else. Not to mention he looks like he has bathed in a tub of bleach every day since the breakup of the Jackson Five. Why did you do it Michael? You were cute back when you had an afro and sang about ABCs. Now you look like an alien at best. The worst hit is Michael's nose. In a 2002 court appearance, it was clear that Michael's nose could not withstand anymore surgery. It was falling apart before the jurors' very eyes. Ew!!